Vino Girl's Note:
Spinach (my preference) can be used in place of escarole. This is a quick recipe from Health Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh cheese ravioli
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans or 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (I use more)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (I use more)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I use more)
- 6 cups chopped fresh escarole or 6 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to package instructions, omitting fat and salt if the directions say to use them.
- 2Combine beans, tomatoes, basil, oregano, and red pepper in a large saucepan.
- 3Bring to a boil; stir in greens.
- 4Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 3 minutes or until the greens are wilted.
- 5Stir in pasta and water; cook one minute or until heated through.
- 6Sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ravioli With Tomatoes, White Beans, and Escarole
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.7
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: