Recipe by Crabzilla
This recipe is from Bon Appetit, and it's an old standby at our house when we've been rushing around and don't have much time to prepare a meal. I usually jazz this up by adding some crushed red pepper. The recipe serves 4, but I have doubled it with no problem. It's great for a vegetarian meal and/or for those who need to use up their bumper crop of tomatoes. Note: Cook time does not include cooking the ravioli.
- 9 ounces purchased four-cheese ravioli
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped (red/yellow, and/or orange)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in heave large skillet over medium-high.
- Add minced garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer until juicy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine; simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in whipping cream and tarragon and simmer until slightly thickened, about 2-4 minutes, make sure to stir frequently.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to your taste and spoon over cooked ravioli.
- All you need is a green salad and a loaf of hot crusty bread and your set.