Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very quick and easy, deliciously fresh tasting, and healthy for your heart dinner.
- 8 ounces dry cheese ravioli
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 medium summer squash, thinly sliced (1 1/4 cup)
- 4 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups fresh spinach, shredded (we use non-shredded baby spinach in the bag)
- Cook ravioli, drain, cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 15 seconds.
- Add garbanzos, squash, tomatoes, thyme and pepper.
- Sstir 4-5 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Add the cooked ravioli to bean mixture and toss gently to combine.
- Arrange spinach on plate and top with ravioli.
- Fresh ravioli may be used in place of dry, but you would want more by weight to feed the same number of people.
Easy to make and tasty. Used a can of diced tomatoes. Would wilt spinach next time with some olive oil and garlic. Thanks for sharing.