1/3 Photos of Ravioli With a Wild Mushroom Creamy Alfredo Sauce
My daughters and I are total Twilight fanatics. To celebrate the release of the dvd, we all got together for dinner before watching the movie. For the entree, a recipe for some type of Mushroom Ravioli was a natural choice since this is what Bella ordered when Edward took her to dinner. After searching online, I found a casserole type recipe for ravioli that had a mushroom sauce. A salad and Topaz Dreams, named after the color of Edward's eyes, completed the meal. We thought the original recipe as written was a little on the bland side. So I went to the Italian forum asking for help with the recipe and Chef Dee514 was kind enough to give me suggestions for the recipe. I have now made the recipe incorporating her ideas and although it wasn't suggested, I did opt to leave in the container of alfredo sauce. Much better than the original recipe I had posted and I hope you'll think so too! Huge thanks and hugs to Dee514 for all her help!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 -2 cup wild mushroom, sliced (baby bella, shiitake and crimini)
- 1 -2 shallot, chopped
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (9 ounce) container alfredo sauce (refrigerated, optional, see my note in the directions)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (to equal 1 1/2 c of chicken)
- 1 (11 ounce) package four cheese ravioli (refrigerated)
- fresh grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- 1Melt butter in a large skillet and cook until golden.
- 2Add mushrooms; cover the pan and cook the mushrooms for 5-10 minutes or until the juices are released.
- 3Add the shallots and garlic; saute for 5 more minutes.
- 4Add the tarragon and white wine (I used Sutter Home Chardonnay); simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Pour in the heavy cream; cook and stir on medium heat until the sauce begins to thicken.
- 6When the sauce begins to thicken, add in the alfredo sauce and nutmeg.
- 7Simmer until heated through and then gently stir in the chicken and white pepper.
- 8Cook for 5 minutes; taste and adjust spices.
- 9Simmer over low heat while cooking the ravioli.
- 10Cook the ravioli according to the package directions; drain well and transfer to either a serving dish or you can go ahead and plate the ravioli.
- 11Pour sauce over the top of the ravioli.
- 12Garnish with freshly grated parmesan before serving.
- 13Note: Although we loved the flavor of the added alfredo sauce, if you would like to omit it, the amount of white wine could be increased to 1/2 cup and the heavy cream to 1 1/2 cup.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ravioli With a Wild Mushroom Creamy Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.9
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 135.5 mg
- Sodium 91.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: