1/1 Photo of Ravioli Di Ricotta E Asparagi Con Salsa Di Piselli
1 hr 15 mins
Ricotta and Asparagus Ravioli with Green Pea Sauce Recipe by Carla Capalbo. This recipe taste like summer, is very light and delicate. I recommend to boil ravioli as soon as you are done assembling them because the filling is a little bit juicy and it softens the pasta, which could be a problem. Also, I make twice as much sauce. I think what states the recipe is just enough for 3 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring first 4 ingredients to boil in small saucepan. Cook uncovered until peas are just tender, about 3 minutes. Cool slightly. Transfer mixture to blender; puree until smooth (sauce will be thin). Season with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm before using.
- 2Cut top 3 inches off asparagus; cut into 1/2-inch lengths. Cook in saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain; place in bowl of ice water. Drain; pat dry. Mix cheese and mint in medium bowl. Stir in asparagus. Season with salt and pepper; mix in egg.
- 3Place flour in processor. Add eggs. Using on/off turns, blend until clumps of moist dough form (do not process into ball). Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface; shape into ball. Knead until smooth, sprinkling lightly with flour if sticking, about 3 minutes. Wrap in plastic. Let rest at room temperature at least 20 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- 4Cut dough into 8 equal pieces. Cover with plastic wrap. Set pasta machine to widest setting. Flatten 1 dough piece into rectangle; run through machine. Fold in half crosswise (end to end) and run through again. Continue, adjusting machine to narrower settings after every 2 passes and dusting with flour as needed to keep from sticking, until pasta sheet is 22 inches long (scant 1/16 inch thick). Place sheet on lightly floured work surface; cover with plastic. Repeat with remaining pasta pieces.
- 5Starting 1 inch from 1 short side of 1 pasta sheet, drop ricotta filling by rounded teaspoonfuls down center of sheet, spacing mounds 2 inches apart. Brush pasta edges and between mounds of filling lightly with water. Cover with second pasta sheet, pressing down around filling to eliminate air pockets and to seal. Using fluted pastry wheel, cut pasta between filling, trimming sides to form 2- to 2 1/4-inch ravioli. Repeat with more pasta and remaining filling, making about 36. (Reserve remaining pasta for another use, cutting into shapes and drying on floured work surface.) Place ravioli on floured baking sheet; let dry 30 minutes. DO AHEAD Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover; chill.
- 6Working in 2 batches, cook ravioli in very large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, stirring gently, about 3 minutes. Drain ravioli. Divide hot pea sauce among 6 plates. Top with ravioli. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ravioli Di Ricotta E Asparagi Con Salsa Di Piselli
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 170.6 mg
- Sodium 293.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 17.7 g