Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
We love carbonara. This is a nice twist. If you don't like jar sauce, you may try using my "Alfredo Sauce" recipe instead.
- 2 (9 ounce) packages ravioli, uncooked cheese-filled refrigerated
- 16 ounces alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 6 slices bacon, diced, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, snipped
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook ravioli according to package directions in 6 qt dutch oven. drain in large colander. Return ravioli to dutch oven; keep warm.
- Heat pasta sauce and milk in 2 quart saucepan over medium heat until heated through, stirring occassionally. Pour sauce over ravioli. Add bacon and basil; stir gently. Season to taste with black pepper. Serve immediately.
We all really enjoyed this quick meal that's just as good as (or better than!) a quality restaurant dish. I used both cheese filled and chicken filled raviolis, along with jarred sauce. I also added about 1/2 tsp. garlic powder to the sauce as it warmed. For an occasional treat, this was worth every calorie. Thanks wwltmom for another winner!