Sausage and Cheese Ravioli Carbonara
photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb cheese ravioli, frozen
- 1⁄4 cup hormel real bacon bits
- 29 ounces tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Slice Italian sausage into 1/2 inch pieces. Boil 6 cups of water, 2 1/2 T. salt and 1/4 cup olive oil in saucepan. Add frozen ravioli to boiling water and cook, stirring often, until al dente. Drain water.
- Toss ravioli with 2 T. olive oil to keep pasta from sticking together. Set aside.
- In a saute pan, brown sausage and bacon crumbles. Drain. Add pasta sauce and 1 cup heavy cream to sausage and simmer for 2 minutes. Add pasta. Mix well. Top with grated parmesan cheese and parsley flakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very delicious and so simple and quick to make. I made this several hours before dinner and I can't stop nibbling at it. I know for sure this going to be added to my rotation of meals. I think this is great for dinner or lunch. I hope to add a picture if I don't eat it all before grabbing my camera. BTW, I used turkey Italian sausage...so yummy. I don't eat pork.
Easy to prepare, since I already had homemade tomato sauce in the fridge. I didn't have cheese ravioli, but I did have cheese tortellini, so used that. I used some real bacon, chopped and lightly fried. We really enjoyed this, DH said, very very good :)<br/>Thank you wwltmom, this recipe was made for Alphabet tag game.