Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious & full of veggies!! You will certainly get your 5-9 servings in this sucker!
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 cup olive
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- Put oil in pot.
- After dicing vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, onion, etc -- ) put onion in pot first and let brown, then add eggplant and zucchini.
- When those veggies are firm, add seasonings (not parsley) and stir.
- Add tomatoes, stir, reduce heat and let simmer for a bit -- 20 min or so, and check consistency.
- How ever mushy/crunchy you like your vegetables -- stop cooking when you like it!
We really enjoyed this. I used the first eggplant from my garden. And it is such a forgiving recipe in terms of substitutions. I used cherry tomatoes, halved, instead of regular tomatoes. I also added fresh basil in addition to the parsley. I used 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup red wine. The dry mustard in the recipe added a nice touch. All of us ate it and enjoyed it, and 2 of the girls sprinkled feta over their servings.
I made this for my boyfriend and he loved it! We added yellow squash because it is David's favorite.