Recipe by nemokitty
I saw this in Better Homes & Garden Eating Well with the Food Guide Pyramid book from the library.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This was a really easy weeknight recipe that plates nicely and is healthy to boot. We liked it. I wonder if we would have loved it if we used fresh basil and thyme in place of the dried. I felt it needed a little something. I ended up topping my serving with fresh goat cheese from the creamery and felt this was a nice addition. Made for Rookie Tag June 2013.
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed (about 3 cupbs)
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch slices (2 cups)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low-sodium tomatoes, cut up
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) package ravioli, refrigerated cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine the eggplant, zucchini, undrained tomatoes, onion, green pepper, basil, thyme, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
- Cook uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes or till desired consistency, stirring.
- Cook ravioli according to package, drain.
- Add ravioli to vegetable mixture, toss gently.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.