Recipe by McCarthy
Taken from 'Rosemary Conley's Complete Hip and Thigh Diet' book - N.B. Ratatouille can be used as a main course if accompanied by a chicken joint or 225 g white fsh (cooked weight)
- 225 g courgettes
- 2 aubergines
- 1 large green pepper
- 2 small onions, finely sliced into rings
- 425 g tomatoes (tinned)
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- black pepper (freshly ground)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the courgettes and aubergines. Halve the pepper, remove core and seeds, and cut into fine strips.
- Place the canned tomatoes in a large saucepan and add all the other ingredients. Bring to the boil and skim any sediment if necessary. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. If there is too much liquid remaining, reduce this by boiling briskly for a few minutes with the lid removed.