Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so easy and impressive. It's a great dessert for kids to help with and easy to dress-up for grown-up taste buds. You could substitute apricot jam, strawberry jam, or add some chopped semi-sweet chocolate chips or a couple tbs of Nutella for a decadent raspberry chocolate pastry. There are tons of possibilities! :-)*edited to include reviewers suggestions*
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (rolled kind work best)
- 59.16 ml raspberry jam
- powdered sugar
- Unroll piecrust onto countertop. Spread 4 tbs jam over piecrust leaving a 1/2 inch borderat the dough's edge.
- Using a pastry wheel or pizza cutter, piecrust into 16 wedges.
- Starting at outer edge of pastry, roll wedges into crescents. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes at 375*. Or until lighty browned.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. ***Because of the nature of jam or jelly the filling will ooze out a little bit while baking, but this shouldn't affect the taste or presentation of the pastry.***.
I have made these four times this past week. I love respberry anything, so I knew I had to try this. One of the comments was that they were not sweet enough, and another said she was going to try chocolate chips. So here is what I did. I follwed the amount of resberry jam that the recipe asked for and it seemed to be fine, only oozed a little bit. I found Hershey has a special dark chocolate chip, so after the jam layer I sprinkled on some of the chips. Whith chips added, they don't roll up as "pretty", but they still look great. After they were cooked a cooled a short while, I put a glaze (powdered sugar, milk and vanilla) over the whole thing. I can't tell you how many times I got asked for the recipe. Whith glaze it almost gave them a "professional" appearance. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe.
First and foremost, I love how easy these are - yet they look SO impressive.
I did half seedless raspberry - which were delicious, and half orange marmalade. I'm not a fan of marmalade, but my grandma loved those because they aren't too sweet. I think a cinnamon sugar mix would be great too. What a sweet recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Fabulous. I used strawberry jam and made as directed. I love how easy this is to make plus it's good enough for company. Thanks for sharing!