Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I couldn't keep my hands off these when I was growing up. Raspberry is my favorite jam and cranberry my favorite juice to use for this recipe, but you can use any flavor combination you want or have available.
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (necessary)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Lightly oil an 8x12 inch baking dish or coat it with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl with fingertips until no lumps of brown sugar remain.
- Drizzle oil and fruit juice over oats and mix in with fingertips until evenly moistened and crumbly. Set aside half for the topping.
- Press the remainder evenly in bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Spread raspberry preserves over top.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat topping.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until golden. Let cool in baking dish on a rack.
- Cut into bars and store at room temperature in an airtight container.
This is so delicious! I didn't have an 8x12 pan so I used 9x13. I used the full recipe for the bottom crust then halved it again for the topping.