Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Pretty and tasty berry muffins.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄2 tablespoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix the egg, butter and milk together and fold into the dry ingredients.
- Gently fold the raspberries into the other ingredients. (Batter will be quite stiff).
- Line muffin tins with paper cups and fill full with the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done.
- Once out of the oven, cool for 5 minutes or so and dust with the powdered sugar, if desired.