Recipe by Joy1996
Fat-free and pretty!
Top Review by Just Call Me Martha
I made these according to the directions and they looked great - although I would add a bit more food colouring next time to get a brighter pink. I found them to be dense rather than light and crispy like other meringes I've had. All in all, a good, easy recipe!
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 dash salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 5 -6 drops red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 225°F.
- Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until very stiff peaks form--takes about 10 minutes.
- Add raspberry preserves and food color; beat until well blended at highest speed.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of meringue mixture onto paper-lined cookie sheets, or fill a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe onto sheets.
- Bake at 225°F for 2 hours.
- Cool completely and remove from cookie sheets.