Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this for our Mother's Day cook out. Everyone loved it. This is a recipe from ChiquiNO - a caterer and cooking teacher in New Orleans. I made one tweak - I added sparkling pink lemonade to the pitcher because I didn't make enough lemonade! Worked great.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 lemons, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries
- 1 (20 ounce) bottlesparkling pink lemonade (optional)
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- Make simple syrup by boiling 2 cups water with one cup sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Cool completely.
- Fill a crystal pitcher with crushed ice.
- Stir the juice of 4 lemons into the simple syrup.
- Pour this over the ice.
- Stir well.
- Add more water if needed to fill the pitcher.
- Stir in the raspberries.
- This is the point I added the sparklin lemonade.
- Float thin rounds of lemon on top.
Wow! This was just exquisite! I didn't have SPARKLING pink lemonade, but used a reconstituted pink lemonade from concentrate--so maybe didn't get the full whizz-bang-ness of it, but enjoyed it immensely anyway! *Made for PAC Fall 2007*