1/1 Photo of Raspberry Habanero Pepper Jelly
I make large batches of this (by popular demand!) for Christmas baskets. You can make it as hot or mild as you like but I use at least 4 habaneros. Pour it over a block of softened cream cheese and serve with crackers; use as a glaze for ham or pork; great on a ham sandwich.
My Private Note
4 oz. j ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -5 habanero peppers, deseeded and membranes removed (Be sure to wear gloves when doing this... those babies are HOT. And don't touch your eyes or mouth b)
- 2 sweet red peppers
- 1 sweet green pepper
- 12 ounces frozen raspberries, defrosted and put through a food mill with fine disc
- 2 1/4 cups water (**or a mixture of the raspberry juice from defrosted raspberries and water to make the total)
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 3/4 ounces sure-jel dry pectin (powder, not liquid)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1Chop up peppers in a processor until they are chopped fine. Put all but ¼ cup peppers in a saucepan with raspberries and water. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 minutes. Press through a sieve or a jelly bag. You should have 2 cups prepared juice. (Sometimes I have more juice than needed so I freeze it for another batch).
- 2Return juice to a clean pot. Add vinegar and reserved chopped peppers. Cool 15 minutes.
- 3Add pectin. Bring to a boil; add sugar. Bring back to a boil and boil hard for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; skim foam.
- 4Ladle into hot ½ pint jars leaving 1/8” headspace.
- 5Seal; process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes (for 4 oz. jars).
- 6Note: jelly might be liquidy at first, but gels over the next 1 or 2 days.
- 7I usually get anywhere from 10-12 of the 4 oz. jars.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Habanero Pepper Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (2454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 89.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g