Recipe by Vseward Chef-V
Besides being beautiful this salad is wonderfully tasty. A light layer of cream cheese and sour cream contrasts with the rich red fruity gelatin. It makes an awesome side dish for a turkey dinner.
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple, crushed undrained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in the raspberries, pineapple and salt.
- Pour half into a 8 cup ring mold or bundt pan coated with nonstick cooking spray; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Let remaining gelatin mixture stand at room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar until smooth, stir in whipped cream. Add finely chopped walnuts. Carefully spread over gelatin mold; top with remaining gelatin mixture.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or until firm.