Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple summer desert, great served with shortbread.
- 300 g raspberries
- 150 ml double cream or 150 ml heavy cream
- 125 ml thick Greek yogurt
- 12 pistachios
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar (optional)
- Wash the berries and use a fork to mash them up.
- You could also do this in a food processor to get an absolutely smooth purée but I prefer a bit of texture.
- Pour the cream into a chilled bowl and whip until you have soft peaks.
- You don't want it to be stiff.
- Gently fold in the yogurt and about two-thirds of the crushed berries.
- Taste for sweetness and add the icing sugar if you want.
- Slowly stir in the reserved berries, leaving a swirl of red through the fool.
- Roughly chop the pistachios and scatter them over top.
Instead of Greek yogurt, I have also used sour cream.