Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was found in the August/September 2005 issue of Taste of Home. I have modified it for convience and reduced calories. This is a great way to dress up a prepared angel food cake and a great dessert recipe for beginners.
- 1 prepared angel food cake (If you prefer to make your own-wonderful)
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping (you can substitute sugar or fat free here)
- 1 (6 ounce) carton raspberry yogurt (again substitute low fat or sugar)
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar (powder Splenda can be substituted here)
- 1 pint fresh raspberry (or berry of choice)
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves (more if desired)
- If you are making your own angel food cake, prepare and bake as usual. If using a prepared angel food cake slice horizontally in half. Additional layers can be added, but I like to keep it simple.
- Combine and fold gently the thawed whipped topping, yogurt, and confectioner's sugar or Splenda. Frost the bottom layer and thinly spread raspberry preserves, if desired.
- Place the top of the cake on and frost the rest of the cake. Garnish with fresh raspberries. If desired, warm the remaining preserves in the microwave until the constistancy is spreadable and stroke or swipe the melted preserves around the sides of the cake with a clean paint brush or pastry brush.