Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great for a brunch dessert.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour bottom and sides of 9 or 10-inch springform pan.
- In large bowl, combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar; mix well. With pastry blender or fork, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture.
- To remaining crumb mixture, add baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, almond extract and 1 egg; blend well. Spread batter over bottom and 2 inches up sides (about 1/4-inch thick) of greased and floured pan.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg; blend well. Pour into batter-lined pan. Carefully spoon preserves evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- In another small bowl, combine reserved crumb mixture and sliced almonds. Sprinkle over preserves.
- Bake at 350 for 45 to 55 minutes or until cream cheese filling is set and crust is deep golden brown.
- Cool 15 minutes; remove sides of pan.
- Serve warm or cool. Store in refrigerator.