Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw these on tv a while back and made em for my family when we had a family bbq! They flew off the plate and all of em requested the recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 4 cooked chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups chopped bibb lettuce (or butter lettuce)
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together raspberry preserves, oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper.
- Add scallions and raspberries to vinaigrette. Add diced chicken and toss to combine with vinaigrette.
- Arrange lettuce on individual plates. Spoon chicken mixture over lettuce just before serving.
This was good! My only complaint is that there was not enough dressing. However it could have been my fault. I marinated the cooked chicken in the marinade overnight so perhaps the chicken absorbed some of the dressing, but it was delicious! Made for healthy choices tag game 2013
These are perfect as a full meal as well as appetizers. We just make more of them! I use Simply Fruit raspberry preserves to cut back on sugar and I like the taste better. If I don't have Simply Fruit on hand, I just smash more raspberries and that works perfectly. I love the freshness of it. I sometimes make sweet potato dollars as a side and some steamed broccoli or grilled asparagus with this and it's a great meal. I don't change this recipe in any other way. Like I said, it is perfect. BTW- it IS a wrap, not a salad, but I guess you could turn it into a salad, but it really does just knock your socks off as a different sort of lettuce wrap than the usual.
I thought these turned out great. They are much different that I was expecting, but it turned out to be a nice light tasty summer meal. I was a little confused. All the reviews had it as a salad, but the recipe title had it as lettuce wraps, so I went with the lettuce wraps. We added a little white rice to each wrap, and I think next time I may add some slivered almonds. I really liked the dressing.