Oriental Chicken Lettuce Wraps
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 ounce dried porcini mushrooms (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 lb ground chicken or 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 2 teaspoons dry wine or 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped
- In a small bowl, soak mushrooms in warm water until softened, about 15 minutes. Drain, chop and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine ground chicken/turkey, cornstarch and wine; mix well and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Make the sauce by combining hoisin sauce, peanut butter, peanuts, soy sauce, chili powder, ginger and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Pull off the outerleaves of the head of lettuce, wash and set aside.
- Place a large skillet over high heat until hot. Add vegetable oil, swirling to coat pan. Add garlic and green onion and cook for about 15 seconds. Then add chicken mixture until crumbly and no longer pink which is about 2 minutes. Add red pepper, water chestnuts and mushrooms and cook another 1-2 minutes until the pepper is slightly soft.
- Mix the meat mixture with the sauce and put in bowl to transfer to table. Put the lettuce leafs on the table. Let everyone take a leaf, put some meat mixture in it, wrap, it up and it’s time to eat!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummy treat! I used some leftover chicken breast meat and put it in a mini food processor to grind it up. This had a nice taste and all of the ingredients complemented each other. I felt that it was a little thick for my taste, so next time would add a little more liquid to make it a softer mix. Thanks JanuaryBride for a nice snack. Made for ZWT6 for the Unrulies Under the Influence.
see 1 more reviews