Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This is from a great cookbook called "Breast Wishes" which is put together by some ladies from a small town to raise money for breast cancer research! They even test all their recipes before they put them in! Haven't hit a bad one yet! I've even subbed in peanuts for the cashews when I was out - still yummy!
- Ready In:
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, julienned (about 1 cup)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted salted cashews
- Stir hoisin, vinegar, and water in a small bowl until well blended and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and set aside.
- Heat wok on high until hot, then add oil, swirling to coat then add ginger, stirring until fragrant (about 10 sec).
- Add chicken and stirfry for about a minute then add carrot and stirfry another 2 minutes or until chicken is just cooked and carrots are tender.
- Add hoisin mixture and green onions and toss until heated through.
- Remove from heat and add cashews.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves, wrap up, and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I enjoyed these, although I don't know if I'll ever get DH to eat another one. :( He doesn't see the purpose of the lettuce wrap, and says 'why not a salad?' LOL Hard to explain. Anyway the flavor of this was great, as was the preparation. We used a bit of extra sauce, for some heat, also. I will be making it again, if only for myself! ;-) Thanks for sharing, Cadillacgirl!
I doubled the amount for a Fathers Day Party. Added 1 celery rib diced small, diced red bell pepper, along with the carrots. <br/>Then I made a sauce to serve over including<br/>2 tablespoon brown sugar <br/>1/3 cup water <br/>2 tablespoons soy sauce <br/>2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar <br/>2 tablespoons ketchup <br/>1 tablespoon lime juice <br/>1/8 teaspoon sesame oil <br/>2 tablespoons spicy peanut butter <br/>1 tablespoon garlic and red chile paste <br/><br/>Thanks Made for ZWT 2011