Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Make and share this Raspberry Brandy Pecan Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Using a mixer, Combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Mix in a separate bowl flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Blend sour cream and brandy.
- Blend in half the sour cream mixture. Then half the dry mixture. Repeat.
- Add chopped pecans.
- Grease bottom and sides of pan and pour in batter. I use a bunt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about one hour and a half.
- During the last 15 minutes, check to see if it is done. (everyone's oven is a little different).
- Remove from oven, and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Turn upside down on a wire rack.
- For topping, combine sugar and brandy.
- Stir in preserves and honey.
- If the topping is too thick, add small amounts of water to thin it to pour over cake.
- Pour the topping over the cake, and allow to roll down the sides.
- Serve and enjoy!
What a GEM! This recipe was on my list to try during the RSC#11 but didn't get a chance to do it. I prepared as stated, no substitutes, & it baked in 70 minutes. It's deliciously moist with a great texture. The brandy seems like a lot in the ingredients but turns out to be a perfectly smooth hint of flavor in the finished product. The raspberry glaze is very sweet alone but compliments the cake in a most pleasing way. Made & enjoyed for Hidden Gems (RSC#11 Jan 2008).