Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are fresh and tangy. A great, light treat.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat bran (unprocessed)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- orange rind (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Mix flour, bran, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 3. In a separate bowl, combine vanilla, egg whites, skim milk, applesauce, and orange rind.
- 4. Gradually mix in dry ingredients. Fold in raspberries.
- 5. Bake for 20 minutes.