1/3 Photos of Raspberry and Blackberry Galette
I've made this in mixed combo's of scratch, with pre-made store bought pie crusts, with fresh berries, frozen berries and it always taste great. Make sure the frozen berries are well drained. Or use the berry that is in season! Also, seal up cracks by pinching dough, otherwise, the filling will leak and put a piece of foil on bottom of oven just in case.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Combine flour,sugar and salt in food processor;pulse to combine.
- 3Add butter and yolks;pulse until water is incorporated or until the dough forms a ball around blades.
- 4Turn out mixture onto lightly floured surface, press into lightly floured surface,press into a ball and then flatten into a 6 inch disk.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm in the refrigerator for about a hour.
- 6Preheat oven 450°F.
- 7On floured surface roll out to 14 to 15 inches.
- 8Transfer to unrimmed baking sheet.
- 10Toss together berries,2/3 cup sugar and cornstarch in medium bowl, coat well.
- 11Spread over dough,leaving 2 1/2 inch border of crust. Fold dough edge over the fruit;pleating and pinching to seal any cracks.
- 12Brush with egg whites and sprinkle the 2 teaspoons sugar over fruit but not the dough.
- 13Bake 45 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and filling is hot and bubbling.
- 14If crust browns and filling is not ready cover crust(not berries)with loosely foil and continue baking.
- 15Cool on pan for 20 minutes.
- 16Slide spatula under all sides of crust to loosen galette from sheet and transfer to platter.
- 17Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry and Blackberry Galette
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.9
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 151.8 mg
- Sodium 320.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 8.7 g