Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies are so good. Sort of like oatmeal cookies, only better. They disappear fast!
Make and share this Ranger Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup shortening (I use Crisco butter flavor)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (uncooked)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream shortening and white sugar together.
- Add eggs and remaining ingredients.
- This will be real thick and I had to use my hands to mix it well.
- Take about a heaping tablespoon (or more if you want larger cookies) and roll into a ball in place on cookie sheeet.
- Bake at 350 degrees until brown.
- Let cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.
- You can also add coconut or chocolate chips if desired.
- Personally, I like them without them.
this is the same recipe for these cookies i've had for years with the addition of vanilla extract. these are better than any oatmeal cookie i've ever had. really.
they are great .. better than any cookie recpe have made....a must to try...
Great cookies! I used all purpose flour, butter, and omitted the nuts. I baked them for 10 minutes and they were golden and delicious. My friends loved 'em!