Recipe by Barb G.
This spicy chicken is good served with red beans and a crisp salad along with a good bottle of red wine such as Cabernet Sauvigon. The recipe is courtesy leaperrins.com.
Top Review by CASunshine
A very easy recipe that comes together quickly. I followed the directions exactly and it turned out beautifully. Next time I may spice it up a bit with a hotter type pepper as my anaheim chilies were a little mild. Thanks!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 whole head of garlic, separated into cloves, peeled
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 -2 green chili, seeded
- 1 1⁄4 cups single cream or 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a frying pan; add garlic cloves and saute until golden brown.
- Add chicken and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- In blender or food processor, process the chiles, cream and Worcestershire sauce.
- ADD to the chicken in the pan; bring to a boil; reduce heat and add the lemon juice; simmer for 4-5 minutes uncovered until chicken is firm and the sauce is reduced.
- Serve the sauce over the chicken, enjoy.