Recipe by Jo Ann L
I'm not sure what these have to do with a ranch, (Don't you wonder where some dishes get their names?) but they're good. The ground beef is very optional. I leave it out, to cut down on both cost and calories.
Top Review by Second_site
Easy to make and tasted very good. Changed the catsup to tomato sauce and added 1/2 a medium onion and 2 jalapeno pepers for kick. Served with a sprinkle of mozarella cheese.
- 2 cups lentils
- 1 quart water
- 1 lb ground beef (optional)
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put lentils and 1 quart of water in a 3-quart pot; bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Brown ground beef, if using, and drain fat.
- Stir all other ingredients into lentils (do not drain the lentils).
- Pour into 2 1/2 quart casserole and bake uncovered at 400*F for 30 minutes.