Recipe by cali~jenn
I just saw this on the RR show and am dying to try it later this week. Figured if it looked this yummy to me then I may as well share it here. ;)
- 4 poblano peppers
- 2 tablespoons evoo extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs ground chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cumin, a couple of palmfuls
- 1 tablespoon coriander, a palmful
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chives or 1⁄4 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- hot sauce, to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- fancy tortilla chips, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Char peppers over a gas flame or under the broiler with oven door cracked for steam to escape. Place charred peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to steam. Let cool then peel, seed and finely chop.
- Heat 2 tablespoons EVOO in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and brown and crumble the meat. Add onions and garlic to the pot and cook 5 minutes to soften. Season with cumin and coriander, and stir in chopped peppers. Add stock and herbs, and simmer 5 minutes. Season with hot sauce to taste.
- Turn off heat and stir in sour cream to combine. Serve with chips alongside for dipping.