Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This was in the 2006 quick cooking annual recipes cookbook. I have not tried it yet, but it sounds good.
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) package bacon bits
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (dressing will be thick).
- Drain potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Add to the dressing and gently toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until chilled.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
I receive Quick Cooking magazines but had misplaced the one with this receipe. Thanks for posting it, this is an awesome receipe and my picky eaters love it!
I've been making this for years, but I called it loaded baked potatoe salad. It's awesome and a sure fire way to bring home an empty dish if you take it to a potluck!