Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tastes like the one you buy.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 cup minced dried onion
- Store in jar or covered bowl.
- Makes 1 cup mix.
- To use:.
- Salad dressing: Add 1 tablespoon mix to 1 cup mayo and 1 cup buttermilk. Mix and use.
- Dip: add 1 tablespoon mix to 8 ounces yogurt. Use with vegetables.
Made a 1/4 batch as we cannot buy Ranch Dressing Mix in the supermarkets in Australia so I could make Shelby Jo Savory Wonton Chips for Potluck Tag. Thank you so much wildheart.
tried this recipe and it was o.k. but would omit the sugar completely next time.
This made a wonderful french onion dip! I didn't really think it was much like ranch dressing, but it still tasted very good :) I did have to add a bit more salt to mine. It's great to be able to make your own dip like this so you can control fat/calories/sodium ect!