Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This versatile recipe from Carolyn Zimmerman of Fairbury, Illinois converts easily into a creamy dip or smooth dressing. It's delicious served with fresh veggies or drizzled over greens. Taste of Home
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DRESSING
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DIP
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: about 6 tablespoons mix (enough to make 6 batches).
- To prepare dressing: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix with mayonnaise and buttermilk; refrigerate. Yield: 2 cups.
- To prepare dip: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix and sour cream; refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 1 cup.
Aussie Recipe Swap#71: LOVE LOVE LOVE this mix! It was so easy to assemble, had all the ingredients on hand and it makes a perfect Christmas gift! Thank you!
This dip can be addicting. I made this with the sour cream, and made it while watching some bowl games on Tv... had to make a 2nd cup to share with everyone else.
Delicious! I halved the spice recipe and made a dip. I still have enough spice mix to try the dressing, too. The dip is full of flavor and delicious with chips. Thank you!