Homemade Ranch Dressing and Dip Mix
photo by Liza at Food.com
- Ready In:
1 cup approximately
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup onion powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon citric acid
- 1 (1/2 ounce) jar parsley (crushed fine)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (optional) or 1 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- Mix all ingredients and place in air tight jar.
- Stir one teaspoon of dressing/dip mix into 8 ounces of sour cream at a time to taste.
- Pour buttermilk into sour cream mixture until it is the desired thickness for dressing.
- Omit buttermilk for dip or use very little.
- This may also be added to a mayonnaise and buttermilk mixture if preferred or added to "soy" sour cream substitute with soy milk and a teaspoon of vinegar to make it vegan.
Outstanding! This was wonderful! The seasonings were absolutely perfect and even won the hearts of my "die-hard Hidden Valley Ranch" daughters. Made this as a dip for New Year's Eve and I've already been asked to make it again! I added it to 8 oz. of sour cream and added 1/4 cup mayonnaise and it was perfect for our veggies and chips! Thank you! :)
see 4 more reviews