This is a excellent dish for college students, or bachelors (very easy & very inexpensive).
Make and share this Ramen Foo Yung recipe from Food.com.
- Open ramen package and remove seasoning packet, it will be retained for later.
- Boil noodles until soft, and drain.
- In a separate fry pan melt butter or margarine on medium-high heat. once melted and bubbling, add seasoning packet and stir.
- Then add the drained noodles and fry them for several minutes, stirring and turning them as you go.
- The noodles will start to separate from the clump as they get done. they will be slightly turning golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, scramble the two eggs.
- When noodles are slightly browned, add the eggs and stir thoroughly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low immediately.
- Flip and let the top cook.
added freshly cooked ham from night before, some cheese and red rooster.. it is amazing.. may be my favorite food now..
Yum! I often have boiled egg with my noodles but this made a nice change. I used beef flavour because that's all I had and it tasted great, although a lighter color like chicken as recommended would probably look better.
gourmet ramen, who knew? i brown the noodles in the saucepan with the butter and around half the seasoning mix then add in some frozen mixed veggies and only one egg. tastes delicious. and with the new 35% less sodium ramen, it has become a healthier option for dinner.