1/3 Photos of Raisin-Sunflower Seed-Vanilla-Cookies
This recipe makes for crunchy little morsels with a distinct vanilla taste. Originally the recipe called for hazelnuts, but I cant have those, so I changed it to roasted, caramelized sunflower seeds. Feel free to use nuts or seeds of your choice, though.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- 2Place raisins in a bowl and pour hot water over them. Put aside.
- 3Cream butter and sugar in a big bowl. Add egg and vanilla.
- 4Mix in flour, salt, sunflower seeds/nuts and oats. Mix well. Drain raisins and fold into mixture.
- 5Using your hands, take off portions of dough roughly the size of a ping-pong ball and roll into balls.
- 6Place on a paper-lined baking sheet with a little space in between and bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly browned.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raisin-Sunflower Seed-Vanilla-Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (702 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.2
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 83.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g