Recipe by Lalaloula
This recipe makes for crunchy little morsels with a distinct vanilla taste. Originally the recipe called for hazelnuts, but I cant have those, so I changed it to roasted, caramelized sunflower seeds. Feel free to use nuts or seeds of your choice, though.
Top Review by Nif
I wish I could have found powdered vanilla but 1 teaspoon of extract worked just fine. I also couldn't find caramelized sunflower seeds so I found a recipe and posted it - Recipe #468927. These are good cookies! I would even double the raisins and sunflower seeds next time. Made for Went to the Market tag game. Thanks Lalaloula! :)
- 50 g raisins
- 225 g butter, softened
- 50 g sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla (or 10 drops vanilla extract)
- 225 g flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g oats
- 50 g roasted caramelized sunflower seeds or 50 g nuts, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Place raisins in a bowl and pour hot water over them. Put aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a big bowl. Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, salt, sunflower seeds/nuts and oats. Mix well. Drain raisins and fold into mixture.
- Using your hands, take off portions of dough roughly the size of a ping-pong ball and roll into balls.
- Place on a paper-lined baking sheet with a little space in between and bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly browned.