Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Raisins,peanuts and chocolate...ummmm! :) Thiese are fast and easy to make and they're wonderful!
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- In a heavy 3 quart saucepan,melt chocolate and shortening over medium heat,stirring until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in nuts and raisins.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill until firm,about 2 hours.
- Store in airtight conyainers in refrigerator.
These were good. I was looking for a recipe that I used to have in high school. Yours is the second one I tried, and I like it better than the other one. I used only half the amount of shortening to reduce fat, and I think it could actually be omitted altogether. Thanks for a tasty snack.