Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe was featured in an email today from the www.recipe4living.com website. "This crock pot recipe can be adapted with other flavor extract and another fruit like bananas."
- 10 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cut into pieces, about 5 Cups
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Spray inside of 5 quart crockpot with vegetable spray.
- Place bread cubes in the crockpot.
- Mix milk, water, vanilla, and eggs, and pour over bread cubes. Spoon stir the bread with the milk mixture to coat all the bread cubes.
- Cover and cook on low 2 1/2-3 hours. Serve warm with ice cream or cold with cool whip. Preheats easily in microwave.
This was so simple but didn't taste like it was quite so simple! I actually used all egg whites in place of the eggs to make it a bit healthier, and it still came out absolutely delicious. I'm sure it would be even better with the whole eggs...I'll try it next time :-) I think this is pretty versatile, and can easily be adjusted to suit individual tastes. I love almonds, and next time I think I might throw in a handful of slivered almonds to give it a little texture and extra pop. I love that you can just throw this in the crock pot and have such a delicious dessert in a few hours. It was perfect served warm with a dollop of whipped cream on top, or cold right out of the fridge. This is a wonderful recipe, I will make it often!
easy easy. love it and so did my hubby and grandchildern. i just doubled the recipes
what a quick, wonderful bread pudding. I have made two in three days and all are gone. Thank you.