Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A creamy frosting with a touch of vanilla and orange juice tops this deliciously moist cake. The room quiets down whenever this scrumptious dessert is presented.
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Toss raisins with 2 tablespoons flour; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and remaining flour. Add oil and eggs; beat well. Stir in carrots and reserved raisins.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in orange juice and vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator.