Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
from darlene kossman she says its very good the one she makes old recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 baked pie shell
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- grind raisins in food processor.
- heat butter and sugar until melted.
- add 2 cups milkand scald over boiling water (im guessing double boiler herez).
- combine cornstarch and remaining milkraisins salt and egg yolks
- add to milk mixture and stir constantly until thick.
- add vanilla
- pour into pie shell top with meringue
- whip egg whites until frothy add sugar gradually add vanilla
- beat until stiff top pie
- bake in 350 degree oven 10 minutes or until browned.