Recipe by Nanita
A lady in our church choir made these a few times for some of our functions. My mom got the recipe from her. They are super easy and very delicious. We usually use Pepperidge Farms Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread for these. Good for brunch or just snacking.
Top Review by gregory schulte
easy and good we used the wrong bread we went with a generic rasin bread our store doesnt carry the suggested one. it still turned out good. i am thinking of a variation that adds either chives onions or scallions to the mayo before you add the chesse to give it a zing. thanks nanita for a quick easy tea sandwich
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Hellmanns Mayonnaise, enough to moisten cheese for spreading
- 1 cinnamon raisin bread, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sharp cheddar cheese in medium bowl.
- Add enough mayo to moisten cheese, it should be a spreadable consistency but not too moist.
- Spread cheese mixture on one slice of raisin bread, top with another slice of bread.
- Slice each sandwich in quarters diagonally.
- Keep making sandwiches until you run out of bread or spread.