Recipe by MarinesWife
I got the original recipe from one of the Goldy mystery books. I changed it up to include a whole bag of egg noodles and more ingredients to feed our larger family. It's become our favorite soup.
Top Review by Elmotoo
Yes, this is our new favorite soup. I think the chicken should be sauteed 1st to get some color. And I wish there was a say to stop the noodles from soaking up the liquid & becoming a solid mass. I LOVE the addition of sour cream. This really hot the spot. Thank you! Made for PAC Fall '08.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, white part only, split, rinsed & diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large celery ribs, diced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces dry white wine
- 8 cups chicken stock, divided
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounces fideo fine-cut egg noodles
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, melt the butter over low heat. Add leeks, carrot, onion, celery, and chicken. Stir gently, cover to cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Take off the lid, stir the vegetables, turn the chicken. cover and cook another 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and pan juices. Stir to cook over low heat for 2 minutes. Slowly add white wine and 4 c broth. Stir and cook until bubbly and thickened. Add the sour cream very slowly and allow to cook gently.
- Slice the chicken into bite size pieces and add back to pot.
- Bring the 4 remaining cups of stock to boiling and add fideo. Cook until almost done. Add all to the soup. Bring back to boiling and serve immediately.