Another recipe from the Potato Board pamphlet that I have not yet tried. This sounds like an interesting savory pancake with a combination of yummy veggies! With the bread crumbs and lack of flour, they sound more like a 'patty' than a pancake.
- 2⁄3 lb potato, shredded (2 medium)
- 1 medium carrot (6 inch)
- 1 medium zucchini (5-6 inch)
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced with tops
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- Place the shredded vegetables in a clean kitchen towel. Wring over sink to remove as much moisture as possible. Place vegetables in large bowl and immediately mix in bell pepper, onions, egg, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper to blend thoroughly.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat.
- With 1/4 cup measureing cup, portion mixture into skillet to make four pancakes, pressing down to flatten each mound to about 1/3 inch, and spacing apart.
- Fry until well browned on bottom, about 4 minutes. Flip and brown reverse side.
- Remove withspaturla and drain on paper towels. Serve hot with sour cream, if desired.