1/2 Photos of Rainbow Potato Pancakes
Another recipe from the Potato Board pamphlet that I have not yet tried. This sounds like an interesting savory pancake with a combination of yummy veggies! With the bread crumbs and lack of flour, they sound more like a 'patty' than a pancake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 lb potato, shredded (2 medium)
- 1 medium carrot (6 inch)
- 1 medium zucchini (5-6 inch)
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced with tops
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- 1Place the shredded vegetables in a clean kitchen towel. Wring over sink to remove as much moisture as possible. Place vegetables in large bowl and immediately mix in bell pepper, onions, egg, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper to blend thoroughly.
- 2In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat.
- 3With 1/4 cup measureing cup, portion mixture into skillet to make four pancakes, pressing down to flatten each mound to about 1/3 inch, and spacing apart.
- 4Fry until well browned on bottom, about 4 minutes. Flip and brown reverse side.
- 5Remove withspaturla and drain on paper towels. Serve hot with sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rainbow Potato Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 499.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g