A colourful pasta salad. Serves 4- easily multiplied for a larger number. If you would like a bit more zing to this dish- finely chop a red chilli and add with the salad dressing. Adapted from a recipe found in "Healthy Food""magazine. For a gluten-free version use gluten-free pasta and mustard- as gf pasta tends to break up somewhat when cooked is best to be sure pasta is just cooked rather than cooked longer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 2 cups tri-color spiral pasta, measure from dried uncooked pasta
- 1 red capsicum, diced (red bell pepper)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup corn kernel (can use fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water, adding peas, capsicum and corn in last two minutes of cooking time. Drain.
- 2Place pasta into a serving bowl.
- 3To make the dressing- whisk together all the dressing ingredients or shake well in a glass jar.
- 4Pour a small amount of the dressing over the salad to coat the pasta. Refrigerate.
- 5When ready to serve pour the remaining dressing over the pasta and mix through .
Browse Our Top Australian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rainbow Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.6
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 69.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 8.9 g