Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a pretty cake that kids love, and it's great for a birthday party!
Make and share this Rainbow Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- food coloring
- Follow cake mix directions to make batter.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into three bowls.
- Drop 2-4 drops of red food coloring in one bowl, 2-4 drops of yellow in the other, and 2-4 drops of blue food coloring in the last bowl.
- Mix all the batters until well blended.
- Pour the red batter into a 9"x9" baking pan, you may want to use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly.
- Pour the yellow over the red, and carefully spread it evenly with a spoon, making sure you don't mix the two batters together too much.
- Repeat step 6 for the blue batter.
- Bake the cake according to the package's directions.
- Enjoy your colorful cake!
Rainbow cake is so much fun. Thanks for posting the recipe. :)
I modified this recipe to something that I had seen in the past which requires you to use 12oz of sprite zero instead of oil eggs and water. It makes it a diet version I guess. It tastes amazing, though it looks lumpy when you put it in a pan. I also like to use gel neon food coloring for a sweet look. :)
I separated the batter into 5 colors. Red, orange, yellow, green and blue. Which is funny because it ended up being pretty close to one cup of batter per color. Everyone commented on how cool it was. With the bundt pan the dough actually bent to form a rainbow once cut. Awesome! Thanks for making my daughter's birthday a success!