Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
This is both delicious and beautiful! I like to mix up the ingredients a little just for the variety in color... pale green lettuces and apples with a pinkish peel look good with the radicchio and carrots. And the dressing is just wonderful! I also like to substitute pine nuts for the walnuts sometimes.
- 1 head radicchio, on the small side, quartered, cored and thinly sliced (about 2 cups worth)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (pine nuts are good, too)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all slaw ingredients in a bowl (except the walnuts; they will be added at the last minute).
- To make the dressing, heat together the vinegar and honey just until honey dissolves.
- Transfer to a small bowl and whisk in raspberry preserves and olive oil.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Add walnuts and serve immediately.