Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Copied this out of an old magazine in the Dr's waiting room. Sounds good.
- 4 lamb racks, trimmed (4 - 5 cutlet each)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- to taste black pepper
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Trim the lamb of any excess fat. You want the racks to be really fat free. Combine orange juice, white wine and black pepper..
- Place in a shallow dish and add racks of lamb.
- Arrange lamb so that the meaty part is in the marinade. Refrigerate and allow to marinate for 1 - 2 hours.
- Remove the racks from the marinade and reserve the marinade for the sauce. Combine parsley, breadcrumbs, almonds, marmalade, orange rind and butter and mix well.
- Press mixture over meaty part of each rack.
- Place la mb, crumb side up in a baking dish and bake at 200 C for 20 - 25 minutes or until lamb is cooked to your liking.
- Remove lamb from oven and cover with foil and allow to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes before serving with the sauce. Add water, honey and cornflour to reserved marinade. Bring to the boil; simmer 1 minutes until thickened.