Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another excellent recipe by Rachael Ray. The choice of seasonings make this turkey just a little different.
- 2 (10 -12 lb) whole turkey
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 celery ribs, roughly chopped
- 10 -12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 bay leaves (fresh or dried)
- 3 tablespoons montreal seasoning (McCormicks)
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, very soft
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Pat the outside of both turkeys with paper towels until they are relatively dry.
- Stuff the cavities of both birds with the onions, carrots and celery.
- Place 2 bay leaves and 5-6 sprigs of thyme in each bird.
- Season the outside of the birds with the grill and poultry seasonings, and some salt and pepper.
- Rub the outside of each turkey with the soft butter and then place in a large roasting pan.
- Tie the ends of the legs together with trussing string.
- Transfer turkeys to the oven and roast until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and let the turkeys rest loosely covered with foil for at least 20 minutes.