Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
the title pretty much explains it. I've added a few tweaks, but overall a GREAT dish. It's from her 365 No Repeats book.
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups white rice
- 6 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped Salt and Pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 lbs chicken
- Bring the chicken broth and a drizzle of EVOO to a boil in a pot. Add the rice, reduce to a simmer, and cover. Cook the rice, stirring occasionally, for 17-18 minutes, or until tender. Fluff with a fork.
- Heat a skillet over high heat with a tablespoon of the EVOO. Add the tomatoes, cumin, coriander, jalapeno pepper, shallots, garlic, and salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Add the vinegar, brown sugar, and water. Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the water has evaporated and the tomatoes have broken down and are slightly thickened.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining 2 T of EVOO, cilantro, scallions, parsley, honey, and salt and pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side. Remove and top with tomato chutney and serve with rice.