Prep 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is by far the best oatmeal cookie I've ever tasted. The only changes I made in her recipe was to add a teaspoon of cinnamon just because we like cinnamon. Craisins can be used in place of raisins. Prep time includes resting time.
- 3⁄4 pecans
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- Coarsely chop nuts.
- In bowl combine nuts and all dry ingredients.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and white sugar until fluffy. About 4 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix at medium speed until well mixed.
- Add the flour mixture at low speed.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using large or small cookie scoop drop dough onto prepared sheets.
- Bake until cookies are deep golden. 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 2 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool completely.
Great cookies! A definite must have! The pecans and salt add that extra layer of taste needed for oatmeal cookies. Love them! Going to share!
These cookies are terrific!!! Great taste and perfect texture. They did take a little longer to bake...more like 18-22 minutes. I made a few substitutions to make this even healthier. I used Whole Wheat Pastry Flour instead of white flour, Splenda instead of sugar, and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Baking Blend for the butter. Excellent cookies, I highly recommend this recipe!
These are awesome!!!! I did use 1 cup of shortening in place of the butter, thinking I would get a softer cookie...but they still turned out quite crunchy. I love the added 1 t. of cinnamon too BTW. Lovely addition. I did omit the nuts, but can see where they would really add a little more somethin somethin to the mix. I used a 1/4 cup scoop to make my cookies and they baked up quite nicely in 22-25 minutes.
Thanks for a repeat keeper recipe racr.~!