Recipe by racrgal
This recipe is by far the best oatmeal cookie I've ever tasted. The only changes I made in her recipe was to add a teaspoon of cinnamon just because we like cinnamon. Craisins can be used in place of raisins. Prep time includes resting time.
- 3⁄4 pecans
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop nuts.
- In bowl combine nuts and all dry ingredients.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and white sugar until fluffy. About 4 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix at medium speed until well mixed.
- Add the flour mixture at low speed.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using large or small cookie scoop drop dough onto prepared sheets.
- Bake until cookies are deep golden. 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 2 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool completely.