Prep 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is by far the best oatmeal cookie I've ever tasted. The only changes I made in her recipe was to add a teaspoon of cinnamon just because we like cinnamon. Craisins can be used in place of raisins. Prep time includes resting time.
- Coarsely chop nuts.
- In bowl combine nuts and all dry ingredients.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and white sugar until fluffy. About 4 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix at medium speed until well mixed.
- Add the flour mixture at low speed.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using large or small cookie scoop drop dough onto prepared sheets.
- Bake until cookies are deep golden. 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 2 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool completely.
These cookies are terrific!!! Great taste and perfect texture. They did take a little longer to bake...more like 18-22 minutes. I made a few substitutions to make this even healthier. I used Whole Wheat Pastry Flour instead of white flour, Splenda instead of sugar, and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Baking Blend for the butter. Excellent cookies, I highly recommend this recipe!
These are awesome!!!! I did use 1 cup of shortening in place of the butter, thinking I would get a softer cookie...but they still turned out quite crunchy. I love the added 1 t. of cinnamon too BTW. Lovely addition. I did omit the nuts, but can see where they would really add a little more somethin somethin to the mix. I used a 1/4 cup scoop to make my cookies and they baked up quite nicely in 22-25 minutes.
Thanks for a repeat keeper recipe racr.~!